SOURCING MANAGER FABRIC PRODUCTION
Sourcing Manager Fabric Production
The Sourcing Manager Fabric Production position reports to the Senior Sourcing Manager-Production, overseeing the timely execution of all stages of fabric production and quality with Weissman’s overseas fabric vendors.
Planning, Production, Research, Analysis, and Reporting
• Manages and places monthly repeat Fabric-Authorizations and monitors that all steps of production are on track to ensure its adherence to the company’s garment production planning.
• Responsible for Action Plan timelines via WIP monitoring to ensure all aspects of production and maintenance of greige and color up are properly executed to produce finished products in adherence with the targeted delivery schedule.
• Manages the weekly Exception Report and the weekly Audit Report ran by the Shanghai Fabric Team, partnering with them, to address any issues that might cause slowdowns and/or substandard fabric quality.
Responsible for in-season and annual fabric cost negotiations.
Consults the Fabric Development Team.
Annual review of volume/core fabric prices.
• Teaming up with the Fabric Development and the Planning Teams, resolves any MOQ/MCQ issues that arise when Fabric Authorizations and/or Garment Vendors-Weissman production orders are placed.
• Manages the Overstock Process from end to end: information gathering (supported by the Shanghai Fabric Team), data analysis and interpretation and report to cross functional teams (Design and Merchandising).
• Collaborates with the Fabric Development Team on the implementation and management of vendor scorecards, SWOTs, mill visits and discusses strategic and tactical actions.
• Participates in establishing quantitative goals and performance metrics which will be used to develop and drive future programs with fabric vendors.
• Teams up with the Fabric Development Team to carry out special projects to improve the quality, cost, functionality and service of fabrics.
• Participates in fabric mill assignments to ensure adherence to quality standards, high level of service and cost effectiveness.
• Leads the execution of exit strategies on resourced fabric projects carried out by the Fabric Development Team ensuring smooth transitions to avoid delays in the production flow.
• Partners with IT on improving system functions and reporting to bring efficiency in the fabric production areas.
• Manages the production fabric approval (Bulk Headers of repeat fabrics) whether that approval happens in St. Louis or in Weissman’s Shanghai Office.
• Partners with the Quality Assurance and the Fabric Development Teams in the resolution of quality issues that may affect garment production deliveries.
• Assists Quality Assurance team with pending audits by providing verification of samples and swatches from audit kits.
• Manages communication with overseas fabric vendors and Weissman’s Shanghai Office related to production orders and Fabric Action Plans.
• Works with the St. Louis and Shanghai Sourcing Team to build long term fabric and garment vendor partnerships, cultivating the company's relationship worldwide.
• The Sourcing Manager Fabric Production operates within confines of timelines and production plans and assists internal partners to maintain those calendars and RACIs. He/She provides feedback to cross-functional teams on the progress of the calendar’s activities and specific issues that might affect their accomplishment.
• Communicates with management about identified bottlenecks and garner support to execute recommendations.
• With the assistance of the Shanghai Team, he/she keeps abreast of supplier’s production activities and issues, to provide timely feedback to the organization.
• Keeps abreast of the entire product development cycle to identify opportunities related to fabric usage, avoid MOQ/MCQ risks, optimize cost and logistics.
• Attends Design to Sourcing Fabric Hand-off and key Fabric Meetings to keep abreast of the initiation and execution of fabric development and to anticipate potential production issues in garment manufacturing.
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned
. Travel: 2-4 weeks per year
Timing: On time availability of authorizations and delivery of fabrics.
Costs: Reduction of cost of ownership.
Processes: Improved communication with fabric and garment vendors to elevate their performance, cross-functional, internal and Shanghai Office.
Quality: Improved reporting on fabric quality and performance.
Bachelor’s degree in Textile and Apparel Management/Technology/Design and Merchandising (or related field).
5+ years of professional experience in the textile or fashion industry developing and producing fabrics and/or garments.
Strong understanding of the textile and garment manufacturing process.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Manages role with finesse and diplomacy with an understanding of changing priorities, sense of urgency, execution of results and support for the team.
Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, multitask, and manage time.
Must align in the value system professionally and personally with the culture of Weissman.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Vast experience in PLM systems (user level)
Multilingual in English and Mandarin is preferred (both written and verbal).
Regular attendance in the office is a necessary and essential function of this position.
Work in the office 80% of the time
Please forward your resume along with salary requirements. All qualified candidates must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
No calls please