Site Merchandiser and Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of ECommerce
Overview: Fast-paced, marketing role with primary duties that include strategy and managing all aspects of the online merchandise process and lifecycle from product build to go live. Develop and implement best practices in all areas of site experience to increase sales, profit, conversion and customer journey including managing creative web assets and promotional campaigns. This position will work with the Marketing, Merchandising, Inventory Planning and IT Development teams to ensure the websites are best in class.
Primary Job Functions:
● Responsible for strategy and execution of all new product launches and optimizations on Weissman (B2B) & Dancewear Solutions (DTC) websites while partnering with team members in Marketing, Merchandising, Inventory Planning and IT to ensure all products are launched on the web on a timely basis. Ensure sites provide an optimal shopping experience.
● Collaborate with the Merchandising team to develop and deploy online product strategies that will drive expected customer engagement and incremental revenue growth. Work collaboratively with Merchants to review and update product placement and images to effectively site merchandise on both websites. Provide performance feedback and metrics of customer behavior to Marketing and Merchant teams.
● Manage third party vendors for search, product ranking on product listing pages, product recommendations and product reviews. Responsibilities include data feed management and optimizations, QC tasks checking functionality, quarterly business reviews with vendors to evaluate metrics and new functionality opportunities, manage budget, write and manage development tickets.
● Utilize designated in-house merchandising tools and vendor dashboards for site optimizations and ensure sites are optimized for mobile. Ensure product visibility supports marketing, campaign and promotional efforts.
● Based on usability and customer feedback, monitor and optimize websites in regards to product images, filters, categorization, product descriptions and titles to ensure product is easily discoverable and shows accurate data.
● Manage strategy and execution of product recommendation/cross-sell strategies at the style level to ensure paired or like items are being offered.
● Monitor, report and present vendor and Google Analytics site metrics to Marketing and Merchant teams for internal site search, customer shopping behavior, filter usage, page views, exit & bounce rates. Strategize solutions to continue to increase conversions.
● Discover and troubleshoot an action plan when site errors/breaks occur. Write up IT tickets as needed for fixes and prioritization.
● Work with the ECommerce team to conduct user testing and create scenarios to ensure exceptional user experiences. Look for areas to optimize websites.
● Monitor online competitors to compare product presentation, usability and web functionality and explore new ideas to ensure websites are best in class.
Website Content Management-
● Drive online digital strategies for online initiatives and seasonal refreshes. Work with the Marketing Creative team and Merchants to determine seasonal web creative needs and coordinate efforts on product nominations, creative briefs and present creative assets to the teams, including site metrics.
● Manage & execute creative changes to support promotions. Schedule new creative, ensure the right product is included in offers and communicate changes cross-functionally with digital team & merchant partners.
● Provide backup to the Digital Marketing Manager for content across the website.
● Maintain a high level of integrity by ensuring images, descriptions, pricing are accurate with ongoing QC.
● Part of the digital team managing the day-to-day tasks of the online selling platform, Amazon and any future marketplaces.
● Optimize product listings using knowledge of keyword research, Amazon algorithm, and product search rankings. Monitor product reviews.
● Responsible for product launches working with Copywriter and IT when product is ready to upload.
Qualifications & Experience.
● Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Marketing, Merchandising, or related area.
● 5+ years of experience in Ecommerce, web merchandising, usability, digital marketing and/or related project management experience, preferably within Retail and Ecommerce including managing third party vendors and working with Merchandising teams to support company strategies.
● Understanding of Ecommerce and customer engagement data and merchandising best practices including product categorization, relevant product content, cross-selling, etc..
● Strong analytical skills (Google Analytics or related web analytics tools) with the ability to derive insights and inform business decisions and ability to articulate and share customer behavior insights, learnings and recommendations. Experience analyzing key merchandise performance metrics
● Experience partnering with IT and technology teams to implement and deploy system and data-related initiatives in support of merchandising strategies.
● Excellent relationship management, presentation and communication skills that establish trust, credibility and respect.
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and data accuracy.
● Strong PC skills; Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a 30-member marketing department for a medium-sized privately held dancewear company. This fun, fast-paced position holds many creative opportunities to truly make a difference and grow as the company succeeds.
We offer medical, dental, life and vision benefits; 401(k) with a generous matching contribution, vacation, floating holidays and a friendly new facility with state-of-the art equipment. Please send cover letter, salary history, resume and link to digital work by September 9, 2022.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted during this search. Must be authorized to work in the United States. The position is based in St. Louis, MO. We conduct a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
NO CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Weissman’s Theatrical Supplies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply: send a cover letter introduction and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.