Reports to: Junior Studio Producer
Overview: Weissman® is an American costume and dancewear design company celebrating over 60 years in business! For three generations, we’ve remained family-owned. All products are imagined, designed and developed at our St. Louis, Missouri headquarters with many products made here in our U.S. factory. Our mission is to bring products to life that makE dance dreams come true. We are actively seeking a full time Production Assistant in our Maplewood (St. Louis) Missouri Photo Studio. We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, organized, and goal-oriented individual to provide support for our Photo Studio team. This is a fast-paced, marketing role with studio operations tasks including pre-production set up for photoshoots, interaction with models and planning for their travel, catering, and other photo/video studio supportive tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a 30-member marketing department for a medium-sized privately held dancewear company. This fun, fast-paced position holds many opportunities to gain experience with a busy photo/video studio, and to truly make a difference and grow as the company succeeds.
Primary Job Functions
· Assist with creating shots/shotlist for each shoot
· Assist junior producer on projects such as casting calls, virtual model fittings, in-studio model fittings, and daily photo shoots to ensure a smooth shoot production
· Coordinate Model Travel between Hotel/Photo studio
· Schedule Photoshoot Lunches/stock snacks
· Disperse/print weekly call-sheets for photoshoots
· Greet Models/Families when they arrive to the studio
Skills / Requirements:
· Familiarity with creating and maintaining spreadsheets
· Ability to work with and around kids and their families on a daily basis. Our models/dancers range in age from 3 - 16.
· Great communication skills via phone/email for out of town talent
· Ability to adapt to constant changes and updates
· Comfortable with busy, sometimes repetitive workflow
· Working knowledge of Google Workspace (Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Docs etc.) and Shot flow Management Software (not required, but a
· Dance experience/exposure (not required, but a bonus!)
· Weekly Model Payroll
· Monthly Studio Credit Card Report
· New Model Paperwork
· Model Travel Reimbursements
· New Freelancer Paperwork
· Studio Invoice Coding
· Assist with occasional Studio Shipping
· Assist with sample coordination deadlines
To apply, send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Weissman’s Theatrical Supplies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.