Reports to: Senior Graphic Artist
Position Summary: Weissman is a national Costume/Dancewear manufacturer with a huge online retail presence and print catalogs. The Print and CAD Designer is responsible for the creation of original graphics and sublimation artwork that are highly creative, brand
relevant, and trend appropriate for the Weissman customer. This individual protects the integrity of the brand by delivering products that fulfill the Merchandising strategies and meet the customers’ expectations in quality, design, and functionality. This position requires close collaborative partnerships with Technical Design, Product Development, Merchandising, Sourcing, and Production.
● Create unique and trend-driven art that is brand appropriate and capable of being manufactured, with direction from manager as needed.
● Develop dance genre and age specific art that displays originality in print/pattern
● Research trend to bring newness and fresh ideas to concept
● Work with manager and team to understand feedback and edit designs appropriately
● Illustrate art and put into layout with multiple colorways
● Use Photoshop and Illustrator to prepare, modify, and resize artwork
● Assist to prepare, modify, and create production/marketing assets
● Strong ability to design highly creative and original artwork relevant to the Weissman customer base.
● Understand garment construction, fit, fabric and printing techniques applicable to the apparel industry
● Research current artwork trends in partnership with the Design & Graphic Art Team.
● Study competition relative to brand position to stay informed with what is new & directional.
● Creates original artwork and assists with graphic art needs of the internal design team.
● Understands internal/vendor capabilities for print techniques and fabric base limitations.
● Ability to operationalize original artwork across printing techniques. Dye-sublimation
expertise is considered a plus.
● Ability to color match manage and approve strike offs.
● Maintains strong cross-functional partnerships.
● Ability to communicate creative vision from concept to finished product and present designs to Director of Design/Cross-Functional Teams.
● Communicates graphic work/original art to Pattern Makers, Technical Designers and vendors both domestic and international.
Business Analytics: Analyzes sales and assortment along with competitor’s assortments, pricing, and catalog/web presentations.
Partner with Product Development and Product Assurance teams to ensure that all products meet or exceed the customer’s needs and expectations.
● Bachelor’s degree in Textile Design, Fine Arts, Graphic Design or a related field
● 5 to 8 years of Illustration or Graphic Design in apparel, fabric design or related fields.
● Background in print and pattern with 2+ years of print and pattern/graphic design experience in retail
● Strong eye for color and colorways with the ability to match colors accurately
● Knowledge of repeat patterns and textile printing
● Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
● Positive team player and collaborator who enjoys working with various team members to execute cross functional strategies
● Ability to multi-task and shift priorities
● Commitment to learning and continuous development
● Excellent organizational, analytic, and written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, and complete them within deadlines
● Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
● Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT PORTFOLIO, LINKS OR ATTACHMENTS, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
● You’re self-motivated and highly creative. Disciplined with a sharp eye for detail.
● You’re Collaborative: Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment; flexible and adaptable to change. You celebrate the success of the collaborative team.
● You’re Communicative: Manages role with finesse and diplomacy with an understanding of changing priorities, sense of urgency, execution of results and support for the team
● You’re a Hard Worker: Operates with high integrity, is productive under high pressure, hands-on when needed
● You’re Professional: Must align in value system professionally and personally with the culture of Weissman
To apply, send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
All candidates considered must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug screen.