Learning & Development Specialist
Weissman® Theatrical Supplies Inc. of Saint Louis, MO is looking for a full-time Learning & Development Specialist to add as a new position to our Customer Service team. Do you have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment? Are you a sharp and motivated individual with the ability to deliver engaging presentations? Are you passionate about the employee experience? Are you customer focused?
This is not an HR position
Position Purpose: Partner with the Training & Development Supervisor and Quality Assurance Coordinator to ensure all team members are prepared to support our company mission to Love our customers by offering superior service so they choose Weissman for their dancewear and costume needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
● Deliver in-person and virtual training sessions
● Assist with all aspects of New Employee Orientation, including developing and maintaining the agenda, scheduling speakers, designing and updating content, presentations and handouts and coordinate catering logistics for welcome lunch
● Coordinate IT installation of phones and computers and confirm headset inventory
● Ensure workstations are available, assigned and prepared for new employees
● Listen to incoming calls and read email transcripts to identify service celebrations and/or improvements to the customer interaction
● Work with supervisors when areas of concern are identified and facilitate healthy conversations if a score is disputed
Love the Customer
● Handle customer escalations to build customer rapport and provide solutions the customer deems acceptable
● Participate in industry events where customers are in attendance and our brand is highly visible
● As a Subject Matter Expert for the Customer Service department, provide back up on the phones as periodically requested.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Strong organizational, communication and problem resolution skills
Foster a culture of success and quality through driving results
Effective time management
Strong facilitation and coaching skills
Ability to break down complex concepts so that employees understand them
Strong verbal and written skills
Overall computer literacy, including a strong proficiency in Microsoft and/or Google
Reliable. Must have an excellent attendance track record
Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative team environment; flexible and adaptable to change
Ability to foster teamwork by demonstrating trust, confidence, and commitment in actions and decisions to create a supportive, respectful, customer-focused work environment.
A “customer first” mentality
Ability to flex schedule to support hours of business operations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Some college education is preferred in a related field and/or minimum of one year prior training experience or equivalent work history
Benefits: We offer a rich benefits package including health insurance, dental, a 401(k) plan with a generous match, flexible spending account, tuition reimbursement, paid-time-off (PTO), and paid holidays.
WHO WE ARE
For 60+ years, our third-generation company has remained family owned! We design a wide range of dance apparel and costumes for every genre of dance as well as for gymnastics. We are known for our excellent customer service and considered best-in-class for our industry. Our mission is to help dance studio owners, families, and children commemorate special events in dancers’ lives through the apparel we design and sell online and by catalog. Our authentic love for our customers drives our excellence.
And, our engine is our team of hard-working, wise, creative, passionate, intelligent, resourceful, and ownership-minded employees! We are a family of work friends who enjoy one another and our company. We love our employees so we can love our customers. In addition to supportive and collaborative leadership, we offer competitive pay, great benefits, an appreciation for innovative thinking, and acknowledgment for work well done.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Please forward your detailed resume and salary requirements to be considered.
NOT A REMOTE POSITION. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN ST. LOUIS, MO
Link to apply: https://weissman.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Weissman’s Theatrical Supplies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.