Position: Junior Copywriter
Employment Type: Full-time
The junior copywriter, a member of the Creative team within the Marketing department, is responsible for writing copy appearing in marketing, advertising, sales collateral and websites while pushing the boundaries of creative excellence. This position will work closely with the copywriter and creative team to transform compelling and imaginative concepts into successful and effective messaging that expresses our brand voice for both our B2B and B2C divisions.
· Concept, write, revise and copyedit for a variety of channels including email, online, print, social, direct mail, advertising and more
· Heavy focus on writing product copy and ensuring accuracy in print and online
· Work with copywriter to continuously elevate brand communications
· Contribute to seasonal campaign concepting
· Stay up-to-date on marketing communications trends across a variety of channels to ensure that our brands remain relevant
· Work with the copywriter to manage revisions and feedback from leadership throughout the editing/proofing process
· Ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Conceptual thinker with strong copywriting skills; skilled with words and understands the power of a good story
· Must have the versatility to shift from sophisticated, clever wordplay for headlines to product selling copy that clearly states features and benefits
· Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker; must work well with creative and core team members to achieve marketing goals
· Expert-level knowledge of AP style, grammar and punctuation rules
· Ability to produce high-quality copy for several assignments simultaneously to meet tight deadlines
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with the knowledge to work directly in InDesign files
· A recent graduate with up to 2 years of relevant experience (marketing, advertising, retail, publishing and/or editorial)
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or Journalism or equivalent experience
· Experience working within a marketing, communications or editorial team
· Dance background is a bonus!
All qualified candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug screen.