Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
Reporting to the head of HR, the Human Resource Specialist is responsible for both administrative and strategic duties related to recruiting, onboarding and continuing education training. This includes working with the hiring manager to identify the appropriate venue for advertising open positions, conducting phone screenings, coordinating interviews and providing leadership support during the offer process. Once a new hire is confirmed this position will guide the employee through the benefit and compensation process while complying with all applicable HR regulations and local, state and federal laws. Ongoing support includes an onboarding program as well as involvement with continuing education training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consult with members of the management team to ensure that the best candidates are identified and presented for consideration.
· Develop and execute recruiting plans with a focus on the creation of relationships that support our goal of perpetual recruitment.
· Research and recommend new sources for active and passive recruiting.
· Maintains employee records and paperwork; ensures updated job descriptions/requirements.
· Recruit, screen and interview potential candidates.
· Contacts applicants’ references and performs background checks required by the company.
· Create industry relationships with preferred colleges and universities, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, association memberships, trade groups and social media.
· Manage the Weissman online career portal.
· Develop and track goals for the recruiting and hiring process; collect data on cost per hire and time-to-hire.
· Manage and organize new employee orientation and on-boarding.
· Review employee benefits and programs to new hires.
· Covers all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements
· Represents employer in the community and recruiting events
Education and Development
· Assist leaders to identify gaps in employee performance, create IDPs and/or recommend continuing education topics/classes.
· Develop, maintain and administer the Weissman Leadership training and development programs.
· Provide communication regarding wellness, health, safety, and culture.
· Coordinate Weissman’s annual Internship Program, including the on-boarding and transition of all participants.
· Ensure legal compliance for HR, local, state and federal laws.
· Maintain employee records as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Skills:
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· An ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
· Team spirit
· Embraces diversity
· Knowledge of employment and harassment laws
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and/or Google tools
Education and Experience:
· BS in Human Resources or Psychology
· 3 to 5+ years of proven work experience preferably in recruiting and training
· Knowledge of labor legislation
· Prefer PHR certification
We offer medical, dental and vision benefits; 401K, vacation and a friendly new facility with state-of-the art equipment. Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted during this search. Must be authorized to work in the United States. The position is based in St. Louis, MO. We conduct a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Job Type: Full-time
No calls please