Title: Financial Analyst
Reports to: Finance Manager
The position reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in all phases of the company’s financial planning (budgeting, forecasting) and analysis processes, including compilation of the annual budget, periodic financial forecasts, and financial analysis (merchandising/marketing program analysis, capital expenditure projects and operational initiatives). This position also supports the Finance Manager in all phases of Treasury Management, including cash management, short-term borrowing, debt compliance, short-term investing, daily cash position, weekly cash projections, merchant (credit) card monitoring & analysis, and administration of the American Express Corporate Card program.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Support the annual budget process, including the build and maintenance of the monthly budget models and reports in Excel/SmartView and Oracle Budgeting and Forecasting system (P&L, balance sheet, shareholders’ equity, cash flow and support schedules); cost center models; capital expenditures; variance analysis; and presentation to finance leadership.
· Support the periodic reforecast of the monthly forecast models and capital expenditures and communicate changes as appropriate in a timely manner; includes variance analysis and presentation to finance leadership.
· Support the Finance Manager to provide accurate, timely and complete Merchandising analysis, including preparation of comparative reports/analyses to facilitate Merchant review and action.
· Support the Finance Manager to provide Marketing Program Effectiveness analysis, including annual & seasonal post-mortems and specific Marketing program performance.
· Assist the Finance Manager to provide financial support to departments including financial analysis, capital project analysis and justification, assisting in the development of annual cost center budgets and periodic financial forecasts, and providing ongoing department performance analysis.
· Support the Finance Manager in the execution of the Company’s Treasury Management activities, including daily cash management, seasonal short-term borrowing and investment of excess cash, line of credit agreement compliance, rolling 13-week cash projection, exchange rate tracking, and merchant (credit) card monitoring & analysis.
· Provide senior and operational management with sales analyses (daily, weekly and monthly) in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
· Maintain an awareness of the economic climate to determine the effect that these factors will have on Company performance.
· Support the Finance Manager to partner with Accounting Director and Financial Accountants to analyze variances and provide relevant analyses, explanations and recommend corrective actions as part of the monthly financial close process.
· Support the Finance Manager in the administration of the American Express Corporate Card program, including card issuance / cancellation and managing / monitoring individual card credit limits.
· General maintenance of Oracle EPBCS (adding new general ledger accounts, job positions, capital projects, etc.)
· Special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; advanced degree and/or CPA is a plus
· One to three years of experience in Public Accounting, Corporate Finance or Corporate Accounting
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Excellent analytical skills
· Superior attention to detail; highly organized; ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Maintain sensitive information in utmost confidence with high integrity
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· High proficiency in MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with Oracle’s EPBCS (Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service) is strongly preferred
· Familiarity with Lawson M3 or similar financial/enterprise software is a plus
· Familiarity with Bank of America’s CashPro or similar cash management & treasury software is a plus