Reports to: Director of Accounting
Weissman® is an American costume and dancewear design company celebrating over 60 years in business! For three generations, we’ve remained family-owned. All products are imagined, designed and developed at our St. Louis, Missouri headquarters with many products made here in our U.S. factory. Our mission is to bring products to life that make dance dreams come true. The finance team supports this mission by providing valuable services that transform strategy into reality. We are searching for a Financial Accountant to join the Weissman finance team and transform strategy into reality using skilled tax, audit and compliance management.
· Measure and report the amount of sales and use taxes owed to domestic and international taxing authorities
· Administer standard, adjusting, and closing entries to record and reconcile the increase and decrease of taxes payable using Infor M3 ERP software (as well as other accounts as needed by the department)
· Ensure that Weissman complies with federal, state and local tax regulations
· Partner with external income tax preparer to minimize tax liability, avoid penalties, and explain how income changes affect Weissman’s tax returns
· Prepare accounting schedules, organize financial records, and verify that all financial materials align with U.S. GAAP accounting standards and are easily accessible
· Develop, document, and maintain a complete audit cycle, including risk management and control over operation effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with internal and external regulations, policies and procedures
· Present abnormalities or variances discovered during audits and recommend policy and procedure improvements
· Assess department efficiency and productivity, coaching and guiding continuous improvement
· Oversee cross-functional compliance with internal finance policies and accounting rules
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or relevant business field)
· Several years of accounting experience in tax and/or audit
· Key skillset includes math, communication, organization and analytics
· Proactive cross-functional business partner
· Advanced knowledge of business bookkeeping procedures and accounting regulations (GAAP)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, accounting software, and ERP systems
· Able to maintain financial confidentiality and demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times
Nice to Have Qualifications and Skills
· Licensure/Certification: CPA and/or CMA
· Higher education: Master’s Degree in Accounting (or relevant business field)
· Working knowledge of Lawson, Infor M3, and/or Oracle ERP platforms
· Working knowledge of Vertex tax software
· Working knowledge of Google Workspace business application and collaboration tools
· Previous supervisor or managerial experience
· Previous retail or manufacturing industry experience
· Active participation in (and use of) educational opportunities and professional organizations, networks and publications, to remain up-to-date with tax changes and industry trends
· Licensure/Certification: Six Sigma methodology supporting efficiency, profitability, customer satisfaction, project management, and process improvement
Customer Love – We show genuine understanding of, and care for, our wonderful customers.
Service Excellence – We are fiercely focused on exceeding customer expectations from order through on-time delivery and beyond.
Product Assortment – We design, create and authentically present a vast selection of on-trend and classic dance apparel.
Superior Value – Customers receive higher-quality, better-fitting products at industry-leading prices and discounts.
Team Love – We support and develop our family of passionate, collaborative and innovative employees within an inspiring work environment.
Weissman offers medical, dental and vision benefits; a 401(k) plan, vacation, and a friendly new facility with state-of-the-art equipment.
The position is based in St. Louis, Missouri. We conduct a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
To apply: send a cover letter introduction and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.