Fabric Production Associate
Fabric Production Associate
FABRIC PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
Title Fabric Production Associate
Reports to Sourcing Manager – Fabric Production
The Fabric Production Associate focuses on several aspects of the fabric production process post fabric approval through fabric delivery, such as: approval of bulk fabric, execution of approved fabrics in production, communication with fabric mills and garment vendors for both overseas and in house production to ensure on-time delivery and calendar deliverables are met. This position requires close collaboration with Sourcing - Fabric Development, Garment – Sourcing team, Design, Product Integrity, Merchandising, Quality Assurance and the Weissman’s team in China.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversee bulk header approval process and provides guidance to Fabric Sourcing Assistant to meet approval deadlines and to ensure quality is acceptable for the garments to be visually consistent.
· Participate in new fabric mill onboarding process.
· Review pre-production samples and ensure all information is correct in the system.
· Work with Sourcing Manager – Fabric Production to review and resolve all fabric execution issues in production with a clear understanding of impact on delivery dates.
· Partner with the Fabric Development team to ensure fabric meets aesthetic and quality in production and to understand potential limitation and execution issues before fabric is produced.
· Assist Sourcing Manager – Fabric Production with putting together reports to place fabric commitments with fabric mills.
· Communicate daily with our team in China and fabric mills to solve production related issues that may cause delay.
· Source vendor owned trims as needed.
· Review and communicate approved fabric audit reports to fabric mills and garment vendors.
· Oversee care label approval process conducted by our team in China.
· Provide Marketing with main content of the fabrics.
· Review that all information on technical packages is accurate as styles get adopted into the line.
· Aid Sourcing Manager – Fabric Production with minimum order quantity issues to avoid surcharges as needed.
· Partner with Quality Assurance on quality issues based on customer feedback.
· Work with Sourcing Manager – Fabric Production on gathering fabric samples for fabric overstock meetings and discussions.
· Attend line development, sourcing and other meetings as needed.
· Other job responsibilities assigned by Manager as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sourcing, Product Development or related field
· 3 to 5 years of professional experience with production sourcing or product development in the apparel industry required
· Working knowledge of fabrics and fabric construction
· Solid understanding of garment construction, fit, finishes and industry resources
· Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and responsiveness in order to develop a rapport with fabric mills and to work cross-functionally with internal teams
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Strong knowledge of Excel preferred
· Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and to be flexible and adaptable to change
· Must align professionally and personally with the culture of Weissman
· Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function