Reports to: Vice President of Finance
Weissman® is an American costume and dancewear design company celebrating over 60 years in business! For three generations, we’ve remained family-owned. All products are imagined, designed and developed at our St. Louis, Missouri headquarters with many products made here in our U.S. factory.
Our mission is to bring products to life that make dance dreams come true. The finance team supports this mission by providing valuable services that transform strategy into reality.
We are searching for a Controller to join the Weissman finance team and transform strategy into reality through excellence in accounting operations, policies, procedures, and financial reporting.
· Oversee accounting department operations: organizational structure, transaction processing, and compliance
· Utilize knowledge of transaction definitions, recognitions, and measurements to keep the Weissman company accounting and reporting manual and policies accurate and up-to-date
· Ensure timely and accurate execution of periodic closings, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
· Administer standard, adjusting, and closing entries to record transactions and reconcile financial statements using Infor M3 ERP software
· Track and monitor financial KPIs and operational metrics in support of continuous improvement
· Partner with IT to identify and implement systematic process improvements
· Maintain the chart of accounts, organize financial records, and verify that all financial materials align with U.S. GAAP accounting standards and are easily accessible
· Provide for a system of management cost reports, calculating variances from the budget and reporting significant issues to leadership
· Coordinate the annual delivery of information to external auditors
· Comply with domestic and international reporting requirements and tax filings
· Licensure/Certification: CPA
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or relevant business field)
· Several years of applicable accounting and managerial experience
· Key skillset includes math, communication, organization and analytics
· Proactive cross-functional business partner
· Expert-level knowledge of business bookkeeping procedures and accounting regulations (GAAP)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, accounting software, and ERP systems
· Able to maintain financial confidentiality and demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times
Nice to Have Qualifications and Skills
· Licensure/Certification: CMA
· Higher education: Master’s Degree in Accounting (or relevant business field), MBA
· Working knowledge of Lawson, Infor M3, and/or Oracle ERP platforms
· Working knowledge of Google Workspace business application and collaboration tools
· Previous retail or manufacturing industry experience
· Active participation in (and use of) educational opportunities and professional organizations, networks and publications, to remain up-to-date with accounting changes and industry trends
· Licensure/Certification: Six Sigma methodology supporting efficiency, profitability, customer satisfaction, project management, and process improvement
Customer Love – We show genuine understanding of, and care for, our wonderful customers.
Service Excellence – We are fiercely focused on exceeding customer expectations from order through on-time delivery and beyond.
Product Assortment – We design, create and authentically present a vast selection of on-trend and classic dance apparel.
Superior Value – Customers receive higher-quality, better-fitting products at industry-leading prices and discounts.
Team Love – We support and develop our family of passionate, collaborative and innovative employees within an inspiring work environment.
Weissman offers medical, dental and vision benefits; a 401(k) plan, vacation, and a friendly new facility with state-of-the-art equipment.
The position is based in St. Louis, Missouri. We conduct a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
To apply: send a cover letter introduction and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.