● Job Title: Business Analyst
● Department: Information Technology
● Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts from all business units and related third parties to understand and document business processes, business rules, organizational information, and associated systems requirements and to identify opportunities for possible improvements.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
● Collect, organize and disseminate information about business processes, business rules, organizational information, and business systems requirements into a knowledge base that can be referenced by the organization.
● Identify, document and analyze business rules that govern the implementation of business processes.
● Document Business Process Management System (BPMS) specifications to be used by the developers for process automation.
● Test and execute processes using the BPMS to ensure that the right results are achieved.
● Interview process participants to understand the details and reasons for each step of each process. Resolve different descriptions of the same processes.
● Document process information using visual diagrams in the form of business process models using the Business Process Management Notation or the Flowchart Notation.
● Work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts to analyze current-state process models compared to future-state process models to determine the necessary changes required to achieve future-state.
● Use a consultative approach that may include coaching of those less-experienced in the process.
● Collate feedback on process performance, organize and manage it to be used in continuous process improvement.
● Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value delivery.
● Identify opportunities for systems improvements to efficiently support business processes, identifying functional requirements, and verifying that those requirements are met upon delivery of improvements.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
● Provide leadership, assistance, and coaching to less-experienced people within the organization to maximize the process of collecting and organizing the information.
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
● Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Use analytical thinking to gain a thorough understanding of business processes, systems and data and to identify gaps in requirements and possible opportunities for improvements.
● Use collaboration to facilitate productive conversations to understand needs, convey status, and to facilitate communication between all members of a project team.
● Use strong communication skills, both oral and written, which are key to collecting and sharing information across the organization.
● Use strong organizational skills to collect and organize information.
● Use documentation skills to share information across the organization.
● Use creative problem solving skills and techniques to facilitate the exploration of issues and possible solutions.
● Two or more years of experience in the role of Business Process Analyst or three or more years as a Business Analyst is strongly desired.
● Must have prior experience using Google Apps such as Docs, Sheets, Slides
● Prior experience in the apparel industry or in manufacturing is strongly desired.
● Prior experience with e-Commerce concepts and technologies is strongly desired.
● Prior experience managing requirements for systems based upon Microsoft technologies such as IIS, .NET, and SQL Server is desired.
● Prior experience managing quality assurance for systems based upon Microsoft technologies such as IIS, .NET, and SQL Server is desired.
● Practical or Analytical experience in core business areas such as Finance, Supply Chain Planning & Execution, Manufacturing, Distribution, Customer Order management, or PLM strongly desired.
● Prior experience with M3 or other ERP systems in a fashion environment a plus
● A Bachelor's Degree in a related information technology discipline or equivalent experience is desired.
● Certified Business Analysis Professional certification is desired.
● For internal candidates, must have 4 years of cross functional collaboration.
No calls please.
To apply: send a cover letter introduction and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.