Associate Photo Stylist
Associate Photo Stylist
POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate Photo Stylist has a critical supportive role within the creative photo team to bring to life the product styling and beauty of our products and brands with direction from Photo Stylist. Depending on the photo set, the associate stylist will be in a support role to the Photo Stylist, or running the styling on her own set. The associate stylist will have primary accountability for survey photo shoot styling and contributor stylist on/off-figure product styling photo shoots.
She/he will be able to think creatively on her feet, provide hair and makeup direction, understand garment fit, silhouettes and accessorizing that is appropriate and in-brand for each model, Genre, Age-Look and Mood. This position will report to the Photo Stylist who reports to the Creative Director.
SEASONAL / ONGOING RESPONSIBILITIES:
· On-set stylist for all survey photo shoots (costume, performance dancewear) ensuring merchandise is consistent with established survey photo shoot guidelines.
· Partner with Creative team to plan and achieve survey photo shoot dates and deliverables.
· Manage receipt, preparation (steaming, sample repairs) and return of survey samples to designated studio check in and tech design locations, ensuring all samples are accounted for.
· Record and report survey sample receipt and shot counts.
· Manage pre/post organizational prep of all on/off figure photo samples, accessories, and shoes for each photo shoot.
· Assist in pinning and fitting garments on models before they come to photo shoot set.
· Participate in more than 100+ photo shoots each year (on-set stylist on "Home or Away Team" when dual sets are used).
· Measure all models (during photo shoot visit) have new measurements updated within the DAM Model Roster.
· Ensure all garments are “checked in” to ShotFlow, organized and photo ready (steamed, ironed, prepped, accessories are coordinated, accurate and complete, shoes and tights are set out by model, etc.). Ensure the sample matches the product information – update/investigate differences.
· Use IMS and ShotFlow to prep and manage survey and on/off figure shot-lists; to ensure all styles and corresponding accessory, beauty and hair information is entered accurately for each style.
· Order sample from stock for on/off figure photo shoots and studio stock samples including tights, shoes and accessories.
· Organize and maintain clean workspaces in the staging/styling, photo sample closet, and hair and makeup areas.
· Manage return of photo samples to designated studio photo closet and tech design locations ensuring all samples are re-tagged and accounted for.
· Articulate product and fit feedback gathered on set to Photo Stylist.
· Requires 2-3 years of styling experience, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment with a strong, integrated web and print component.
· Direct marketing experience and ecommerce within a B2B environment and some B2C.
· Outstanding visual aesthetic related to silhouette, garment fit, color, fabric, and trend.
· Proactive and able to show initiative and ideas.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent multitasking skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
· Proficient knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite: In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator.
· Undergraduate degree in fashion, merchandising or related field.
· Dance experience preferred (but not required).
All qualified candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug screen.